What is Dragon Dreaming?
How to make “my project” -> “our project”Dragon dreaming is a system which helps us set up successful projects
“Dragon Dreaming is a way of making our dreams come true by running outrageously successful and transformative projects. With Dragon Dreaming we will all experience a deepening identification with the Earth, and a renewal of energy to work for our collective healing. As we draw on this deep ecological self, how do we face this crisis of our suicidal civilisation and rediscover how to listen in gratitude to the inner call of life itself? All of us are at the edge of a chasm between who we are and who we might become. How do we build a bridge to unite the two? We need to release the power of our creative vitality. But how is this to happen? How do we maximise our creative potentials on a scale never attempted before? “Dragon Dreaming” shows us a way.”
in Dragon Dreaming (DD), a project needs to do 3 things
- be connected to personal growth
- build community
- serve the world
Four Steps in a Project:
90% of projects die here
Projects don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan.
stepping over into Do-ing is the biggest threshhold. Do we have enough money to “Do”?
90% of projects die here because of not planning
not only going out for a dance, but also just to appreciate and celebrate each other.
90% of projects that succeed, die here (often after 3 years) because of burn-out, and that we don’t take time to celebrate.
A further 12 steps:
3 Gathering Information
4 Consider Alternatives
5. Design a Strategy
6. Testing /Trialing /Pilot Project
8. Management & Administration
9. Monitoring Progress
10. Acquiring New Skills
11. Transformative Results
12. Discerning Wisdom
The Dreaming Circle – Session 1
How to make “my project” into “our project”….
How to start dreaming together…
- ‘Founder’ calls the circle
- Open a space of deep listening
- ‘Founder’ speaks out the original dream: concise, personal, inspirational
- ‘Scribe’: writes name of project and essence. For how long will the project run; for 6 months, 1, year, 2 years? It is helpful to break continuous projects down into chunks.
- ‘Founder’ allows the project to die as his/her personal project, knowing it will be forever changed and enriched by others (at the same time staying true to the dream)
- Core question of ‘founder’ to the circle: What would this project have to be like, what would it have to do, in order for you to give 100% commitment to it? What would enable you to say ‘this was the best possible, conceivable way I could have spent my time’?
- Use a talking stick/stone/piece
- ‘Scribe’: writes name of person + essence of what has been said (can be corrected – visibility). It is very helpful if the process of scribing flows easily alongside the talking
- ‘Circle’: Share briefly, authentically, deeply – usually helpful to stick to one answer/ dream at a time
- You are welcome to pass on
- Respect and support the flow of energy: minimize interruptions
- No one can refute, or disagree with anyone else’s dream. There is no one who understands a viewpoint better than the person themselves.
- Think outside the box
- Allow the talking stick to go round until everyone passes/ you feel complete as a circle.
This becomes your Dream Document, a living document. If more people join your project, they read it and add their dreams.
Download a more detailed description of the Dreaming Circle Process here
Creating a “Karabirrdt” or Dream Game Board – Session 2
In one community, they created a giant billboard size version of the Dream Game Board, showing which tasks had been accomplished, and those still needing attention. and a phone number at the bottom saying “if you would like to get involved in any of these tasks, give us a call”